Texas Instruments Test Engineer in Tucson, Arizona
Job ID 22923BR
Job Posting Title Test Engineer
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
Texas Instruments is seeking a Test Engineer for our Tucson, AZ site. The qualified candidate will be capable of independently leading all aspects of the test solution development of high performance delta-sigma data converters. The successful test engineer will implement cost-optimized hardware and software components of ATE measurement systems, both Probe and Final Test, through release to manufacturing. The test engineer will be responsible for data collection and statistical analysis to establish datasheet guaranteed specifications and guaranteed functional performance of the IC. Collaboration with design, product, validation and applications engineering is required, so good communication and presentation skills is a must. The test engineer will also work the design team to propose and verify new design-for-test and BIST methods that will improve test cost and capability. Travel opportunities within USA and international.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering or related field with 4+ years of experience as Product and Test Engineer for Mixed Signal ICs
• Proficiency with bench level test equipment (i.e. DC power supplies, oscilloscopes, multi-meters)
• Good understanding of statistical methods and data analysis tools like Spotfire, DataPower, etc. is needed.
• ATE experience on Teradyne Eagle or equivalent analog ATE (iFlex, LTX, VLCT), although Eagle experience is preferred and is a differentiator
• Strong technical knowledge of electronic devices and circuits, and Analog test techniques
• Proficient in C++ (or an equivalent programming language)
• Strong understanding of the IC product development process, from concept to volume production
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Experienced with test program and hardware offload to TI offshore manufacturing sites
• Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced global team environment with other technical teams
• Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
• Automotive experience is a huge plus
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Level Degree
Related Field(s) of Study
Electrical & Computer Engineer
Minimum Years of Experience 4
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-Arizona-Tucson
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:email@example.com , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.