Texas Instruments Sherman Controls and Instrumentation Technician in Sherman, Texas
Job ID 21837BR
Job Posting Title Sherman Controls and Instrumentation Technician
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
SFAB has an immediate need for a Controls and Instrumentation Technician. This person will be responsible for installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of plant instrumentation and controls equipment. This includes but is not limited to transmitters, sensors, switches, valves, motors, VFDs, lighting, HVAC controls, etc. The technician will be responsible for completing preventative and corrective maintenance along with maintaining electronic records in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
• Understanding of instrumentation, control systems, PLCs, and low voltage electrical systems.
• Ability to install instrumentation including mounting hardware and sensing lines, pulling and termination of I/O cables, configuration, calibration, and basic PLC programming.
• Ability to read and understand mechanical, electrical, chemical, and controls system drawings.
• Basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, and chemical systems and their interface with system controls and instrumentation.
• Must be able to respond quickly to potentially critical situations, perform rapid and accurate situational assessments, and troubleshoot system components. Identify causes of failures, determine appropriate corrective actions, and implement these corrections promptly to mitigate the effects of system upsets.
• Review recommended maintenance procedures to ensure best practices are in place and documented properly.
• Provide technical support for 24 hour operations team
Specific experience, knowledge and skills:
• Ability to support initiatives around ESH, system reliability, and cost reduction.
• Must be team oriented and highly collaborative, possess effective oral and written communication skills, and be extremely reliable and dependable.
• Must be able to effectively interface with various engineering disciplines, technicians, contractors, and management.
• Ability to create and follow detailed procedures for routine and non-routine work.
• Ability to follow facility specified Safety and Reliability processes.
• Computer/software skills – Outlook, Excel, Word, SCADA, Maximo (or similar), SAP.
• Applicant should have at least 5 years relevant experience with a minimum of HS diploma.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Job Opening Type Technician
Minimum Education Level HS Graduate or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience 5
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-Texas-Sherman
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:email@example.com , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.