Texas Instruments Systems Engineer - EFL FPD-Link in Santa Clara, California
Job ID 22928BR
Job Posting Title Systems Engineer - EFL FPD-Link
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
Texas Instruments is searching for a System Engineering for our Santa Clara, CA office. This position is responsible for defining integrated circuit (IC) and solutions for automotive products by translating the customer’s needs into the detailed design and test specifications used to guide the design and Validation of the IC. Play a fundamental role in defining next-generation devices for TI FPD Link solutions and ensuring that those devices meet automotive requirements.
• Collaborate with Tier 1 and Automotive OEM customers and our Marketing and Design Engineering teams to define system and performance requirements, feature set, and architecture definition for complex FPD Link SerDes designs involving PLLs, Adaptive Line Equalizers, charge pumps, ADCs/DACs and Other Signal Processing functions
• Consider all product requirements such as customers' requirements, digital/analog process technologies, packaging options, design/system constraints like Automotive EMC/EMI, Cable and channel quality and trades-offs and propose viable solutions
• Communicate ideas and specifications to technical audiences (internal and external customers)
• Familiarity with one or more of the following standards, Digital Video and Imager specifications like MIPI_CSI-2, DPHY, CPHY, MIPI DSI, VESA-DSC, eDP, DP , HDMI, oLDI and Automotive Ethernet
• Author, review, and update product requirement specifications and Validation plans
• Participate in architecture reviews, IC-level design reviews and board-level design reviews with design engineering, applications, and validation and product test engineers
• Perform thorough competitive analysis including lab investigations
• Participate in industry conferences and forums to ensure device compatibility with adopted standards
• Travel approximately 2 – 4 weeks per year, both domestically and abroad, to interface directly with our customers
• Autonomously manage competing customer- and project-related priorities
• Bachelor’s degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electrical & Computer Engineering with 3+ years relevant industry experience
• Have a very good understanding of fundamental analog circuits, basics of digital circuits and RF concepts
• Proficient with laboratory equipment, including: oscilloscopes, meters, signal generators, I2C adapters, etc.
• Must be able to perform IC and system level validation; debugging skills, root cause analysis
• Basic software skills in any major programming language (e.g. C/C++, VB, Python, C#, MATLAB, etc.)
• Knowledge of Communication systems concepts
• Master’s or PHD degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electrical & Computer Engineering
• Laboratory automation experience (e.g. using C/C++, VB6, LabVIEW, Python)
• Experience with simulation tools and modeling - SIMPLIS/SIMetrix, Cadence, Spice, MATLAB
• Experience with FPGA prototyping
• Experience with microcontroller programming
• Deep background and knowledge in Digital Video and Imager specifications like MIPI_CSI-2, DPHY, CPHY, MIPI DSI, VESA-DSC, eDP, DP , HDMI, oLDI and Automotive Ethernet
• Familiarity and understanding of Automotive EMC/EMI Testing
• Knowledge of Digital Video and Industry trends
• Highly motivated, passionate individual, comfortable delivering to a deadline in a fast paced environment
• Excellent communication skills—both written and verbal with internal team and customers
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Level Degree
Related Field(s) of Study
Electrical & Computer Engineer
Minimum Years of Experience 3
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-California-Santa Clara
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:email@example.com , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.