Texas Instruments Digital Design Engineer - SERDES in San Francisco, California
Job ID 22939BR
Job Posting Title Digital Design Engineer - SERDES
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
Texas Instrument is seeking a Digital Design Engineer for our Santa Clara, CA office. This engineer will be responsible for and contribute to multiple aspects of development of SERDES devices from architecture, pre-silicon verification to post silicon validation. A deep understanding of communication system and protocols and the ability to interact with multi-functional groups to develop top down DFT architectures, simulation platforms, reusable test benches and verification environments deploying the latest methodology is a must.
• Define DFT specification and architecture. Create SERDES chip verification plans from specifications, review and refine to achieve coverage targets.
• Architect testbenches with maximum reusability in mind,
• Debug failures, manage bug tracking, and close coverage.
• Create/analyze block / subsystem level coverage model, and add test cases to increase coverage.
• Attend verification reviews and set standard for design quality.
• Work closly with all functional team to improve verification flow.
• Advanced knowledge of Verilog, Verilog MS, Verilog A, SystemVerilog and DV methodologies (problem solving, constrained random testing, SystemVerilog Assertion (SVA) and debugging).
• Knowledge of PLL, CDR, signal conditioning control and communication systems
• Experience with multi-gigi-transfers/second interface such as PCIe, Ethernet, DDR
• Should be a team player with excellent communication skills and the desire to take on diverse challenges.
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 3+ years of relevant industry experience with a strong back ground in high speed SERDES design and a proven record of successfully released products
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Master's Level Degree
Related Field(s) of Study Electrical Engineering
Minimum Years of Experience 3
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-California-Bay Area
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:email@example.com to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.