Texas Instruments Digital Design Engineer - Experienced in San Francisco, California
Job ID 22511BR
Job Posting Title Digital Design Engineer - Experienced
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job:
This is a great opportunity to be part of an established team in Santa Clara, California, that’s continuing to look for growth opportunities, working with worldwide leading customers and developing cutting edge solutions.
As a digital design engineer you will develop digital IP to be combined with TI’s industry leading analog technology to create cutting edge LED lighting solutions for the next generation phone, tablet, notebook and automotive displays. You will be a key team member from concept through validation in the customer’s end equipment and working closely with the top talent in the industry in displays systems and analog design. You will architect and design the digital IP and evaluate pre and post silicon function and performance. You will collaborate with the full product development team to get your product into high volume applications.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
• Discussing specifications with our System Engineers and translating these into design requirements
• Handling the complete digital design flow (frontend and backend)
• Collaborating with Design Verification teams during the pre-PG phase of a project to ensure completion of all technical tasks before PG: RTL Design, synthesis, P&R, timing closure, formal checks (lint, cdc, …), DFT
• Designing FSM with digital core complexity and functionality of 20k – 100k gates and<100 bytes of NVM memory
• Simulation coverage of communication interface, NVM handling, device behavior, fault handling, protection features, converter soft-start and sequencing
• Working with and providing guidance to physical designers and monitoring the progress of IC layout
• Working closely with test and product engineers to ensure that design-for-test standards are considered up-front
• Collaborate closely with analog designers and system engineers to define together the needed functionality and behavior.
• Maintain and extend digital flow and evaluate new tools in close collaboration with the EDA
• Collaborating with validation, product engineering and test engineering teams to enable successful transfer to production
• Interfacing and leading discussions with the customer and/or TI field sales/field applications teams to understand customer designs, problems and support as required
• Minimum 5 years of relative experience
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of LCD display backlighting for smartphones, monitors, and automotive displays.
• Understanding of BiCMOS power processes
• Familiar with IC design tools, preferably Cadence’s Virtuoso design environment including creating schematics, reviewing layout, setting up and running top-level mixed signal simulations (AMS, Ultrasim or TIspiceVerilog).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Level Degree
Related Field(s) of Study Electrical Engineering
Minimum Years of Experience 5
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-California-Bay Area
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:email@example.com to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.