Texas Instruments Analog IC Design Engineer in San Francisco, California
Job ID 23004BR
Job Posting Title Analog IC Design Engineer
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job:
This position provides the opportunity to lead the development of analog/mixed-signal integrated circuits (ICs) used in high voltage/high power gate driver and isolated gate driver applications. Responsibilities range from definition, modeling, transistor-level design, verification, validation and thorough documentation.
A successful candidate for this role will:
• Lead the design of complex, isolated, and high voltage gate driver integrated circuits
• Analyze IC architectural trade-offs while meeting all system level requirements
• Translate system requirements to IC realizable specifications; drive top down design methodology
• Oversee the physical layout; optimize the die area; lead layout parasitic extraction and simulation
• Successfully validate the design in silicon
• Adopt a culture of innovation
• Meet challenging, customer driven deadlines
• Minimum of a Masters in Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering or related.
• 5+ years of experience designing analog/Mixed-Signal ICs for Power Management
• Innate desire to personally design best-in-class analog integrated circuits
• Proven track record of successful delivering power management ICs
• Strong sense of ownership and personal accountability
• Creativity and drive to solve problems; desire and ability to drive change and beat expectations
• Deep power management integrated circuit design and semiconductor technology understanding
• Good communications skills and ability to work effectively as part of new product development team
• Proven track record of developing new families of products
• Experience working with high voltage (>100V) integrated circuit designs and/or integrated circuits with isolation technology built in the product
• Ability to balance design-for-performance and design-for-cost mentality
• Proven track record of developing integrated circuits with new technologies with strong risk mitigation plans.
The candidate should have a proven track record of successfully delivering complex, innovative power management integrated circuit solutions to demanding, customer driven, schedule requirements.
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Master's Level Degree
Minimum Years of Experience 5
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:email@example.com to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.