Texas Instruments Analog Design Engineer in San Francisco, California
Job ID 22903BR
Job Posting Title Analog Design Engineer
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About The Job
The High Speed Data and Clock team at TI is searching for qualified candidates to join our fast growing team in Santa Clara, CA. As a member of our team, you will get to work on state-of-the-art wireline transceivers and have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of chip design, such as spec derivation, system level analysis, circuit design, verification and layout. We are looking for ambitious analog and mixed signal designers who are willing to learn, grow and contribute.
Some of your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• Architecture study and evaluation of advanced SerDes topologies
• SerDes design and verification of different high speed analog and mixed signal blocks including, but not limited to: drivers, front end circuits, samplers, comparators, ADCs, DACs, PLLs, clock distribution, etc.
• Partnering with business teams and system engineering to develop mutually agreeable design specifications
• Providing high-level analysis on chip architecture trade-offs to ensure spec compliance and superior performance at a competitive cost
• Participating in design reviews and creating the necessary design and product documentation
• Supervising IC layouts to ensure a high-performance standard
• Characterizing prototypes, developing test specifications and coordinating with test/product engineering to drive product releases
• Driving behavioral models for design verification of designed blocks
• PhD in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering or related field
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Relevant experience analog and mixed signal IC design.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type New College Grad - Non Co-Op
Minimum Education Level Doctorate's Level Degree
Related Field(s) of Study
Electrical & Computer Engineer
Electronics & Comm Engineering
Minimum Years of Experience 0
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-California-Bay Area
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:email@example.com , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.