Texas Instruments Analog Design Engineer - High Speed in San Francisco, California
Job ID 22341BR
Job Posting Title Analog Design Engineer - High Speed
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
Do you have experience and interest in designing complex integrated circuits that include digital, mixed signal, and analog circuits? We are looking for talented design engineers with a proven capability in designing analog blocks with CMOS, and/or BICMOS, technologies for use in High-Speed SerDes systems and other /Signal conditioning functions. Design Engineers with a deep understanding of analog design techniques in 65nm and below IC process technologies is required along with an understanding of packaging technologies and layout tradeoffs. We are looking for talented and innovative engineers that must be able to work in a small "startup-like" team environment with a working knowledge of Mixed-Signal Cadence tools and parasitic parameter extraction. An engineer with an analytical approach to problem solving is highly desired. Be on the leading edge automotive communication products and provide challenging learning opportunities.
• Innovative transistor level design of analog and mixed-signal circuits for new and derivative high-speed products
• Interface with process, test, product, application, marketing, project management managers and engineers to successfully bring new products from concept to release to production.
• Work with marketing and applications teams as well as customers to help define new products
• Perform design feasibility analysis and schedule prediction
• Validation and debug of product
• Risk and margin analysis
• Thorough understanding of integrated circuit design, CMOS and BiCMOS circuit design techniques, as well as CMOS and BiCMOS process technologies.
• Thorough understanding of Multi-GHz High-speed (bipolar and CMOS) design, layout and robustness.
• Proven experience with High-speed driver circuits and techniques.
• Proven experience in designing amplifiers, oscillators, bandgap references, LDOs, EQ, Multi-level HS driver, PLLs, CDRs, etc.
• Understand how to model using circuit abstraction tools like Verilog-A, Verilog-AMS, MATLAB etc.
• Understanding of control and communication systems (experience with MATLAB a plus).
• Masters in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Computer Engineering or related degree with 2+ years of relevant industry experience
• Strong background in High-speed analog design
• Proven record of successfully released High-speed products
Knowledge on EMI and/or EMC technologies
Experience in automotive applications
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Master's Level Degree
Related Field(s) of Study
Electrical & Computer Engineer
Electronics & Comm Engineering
Minimum Years of Experience 2
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-California-Bay Area
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:email@example.com to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.