Texas Instruments Layout Engineer (m/f) – CDP – Custom Display Power in Freising, Germany
Job ID 23445BR
Job Posting Title Layout Engineer (m/f) – CDP – Custom Display Power
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
TI’s Custom Display Power (CDP) product-line located in Freising, Germany, develops customer-specific power-management integrated circuits, which are used in LCD and AMOLED displays for medium and small form-factor portable consumer electronic devices such as tablets, mobile phones, and smart watches. The power-management solutions consist of several switch-mode DCDC converters, including buck, boost, and buck/boost converters to generate the required positive and/or negative supply rails. The CDP group is looking for an experienced, highly motivated individual to join the team as Layout Engineer. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and proven technical accomplishments in the field of analog power-management layout.
• Top-level floor-planning of power-management integrated-circuit (PMIC) including bond pad placement or ball-out planning.
• Closely work with design team to identify critical circuits and/or routing constraints to ensure top-level performance is met.
• Layout of analog components, such as gm-stages, regulators, up to DCDC converters and top-level layout.
• Timing and coordination of layout-team vs. milestones to meet the project schedule.
• Communication with ESD engineers to implement ESD strategy.
• Collaboration in layout teams across multiple sites and time zones, including external consultants.
• Presentation and discussion of layout and layout strategy to customers.
• Master’s Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent qualification.
• 4+ years professional experience with the layout of power management ICs and DCDC converters.
• Strong background in transistor-level layout in the field of power-management and DCDC converters.
• Strong background in state-of-the-art layout techniques including transistor-matching, ESD, electro-migration mitigation, and power-routing.
• Strong understanding of BCD semiconductor technology and common physical effects, such as well-proximity-effect (WPE) and length-of-diffusion (LOD).
• Open personality with good customer interaction and excellent communication skills.
• Highly self-motivated team player with the ability to collaborate with international and cross-functional teams.
• Excellent English language skills.
• Benefit from a competitive salary, yearly profit sharing*, flexible working hours, the ability to work from home and many additional benefits
• Join an international work environment where your ideas count and where you can thrive in a diverse culture
• Explore a world of opportunities for your personal development
*dependent on company success
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Level Degree
Minimum Years of Experience 4
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Job Location(s) Germany-Freising
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:email@example.com , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.