Texas Instruments Digital Design Engineer (m/f) in Freising, Germany
Job ID 22218BR
Job Posting Title Digital Design Engineer (m/f)
Job Description The Display Power Products group is looking for a highly motivated Digital Design Engineer. Our group is located in Freising, Germany and develops power-management solutions for LCD and OLED displays for consumer applications ranging from smart phones over note-book and tablet PCs, to large-screen monitors and TVs. Typical solutions consist of a number of fully-integrated inductive converters (Buck / Boost / BuckBoost), linear regulators (LDOs), charge pumps and OpAmps with pin counts below 100. Input voltages range from single-cell Li-Ion batteries to 12V AC/DC adapters and output voltages range from -20V to +40V.
To further strengthen our digital design team we are looking for a candidate with the following skillset.
• Handling the complete digital design flow (frontend and backend)
o RTL Design, synthesis, P&R, timing closure, formal checks (lint, cdc, …), DFT
o Digital core complexity and functionality:
- 15k – 50k Gates and<100 bytes of NVM memory
- Communication interface, NVM handling, device behavior, fault handling, protection features, converter softstart and sequencing
• Discussing specifications with our system engineers and translating these into design requirements
• Working closely with test and product engineers to ensure that design-for-test standards are considered up-front
• Working across disciplines
o Collaborate closely with digital/analog designers and system engineers to define together the needed functionality and behavior.
• Maintain and extend digital flow and evaluate new tools
o In close collaboration with the EDA team
• Master’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
o Minimum 2 years’ experience in digital circuit design (Frontend) preferable PMICs or similar very analog oriented devices
o Good understanding of standard communication protocols like I2C, SPI etc.
o Ideally backend experience
• Basic-good understanding of PMICs and the needs of very analog focused devices
o Being able to work without a comprehensive digital specification
• Good inter-personal communication skills for working in teams with multiple nationalities and potentially multiple locations
• Solid scripting skills (Ruby, Python, Perl, …)
• Knowledge of Cadence tool suite (NCsim, Voltus, Innovus, IMC, …)
• High motivation to support demanding customer requests and fast turn-around times
• An attractive compensation & benefits package
• A flexible, informal and open-minded work culture
• A performance-oriented environment that provides great rewards for great work
• A world of opportunities for your personal development
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Master's Level Degree
Minimum Years of Experience 2
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Job Location(s) Germany-Freising
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:email@example.com to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.