Texas Instruments Test Engineer in Dallas, Texas
Job ID 23493BR
Job Posting Title Test Engineer
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job:
In this role you'll have the opportunity to drive the next-generation test hardware infrastructure for TI with a team of peers. You will drive standardization of ATE and burn-in boards with the latest Cadence CAD software environment, as well as work with various factories, suppliers, and vendors.
Common tasks are diverse and include some of the following:
•Signal Integrity and electrical analysis of problematic ATE test boards
•Automation of existing infrastructure using scripting and database optimization
•Providing expert support to Texas Instruments test engineering community on Cadence Infrastructure needs.
•Develop next generation infrastructure for burn-in boards and component engineering at TI.
•Provide PCB expert support and technical knowledge to TI assembly and test facilities.
•Developing documentation, user’s guides, and training materials to continually evolve our TI test hardware.
• Bachelors in EE, ECE or related field.
• 3+ years of experience as a product/test engineer
• Experience and hands-on knowledge of PCB and PCB CAD tools.
• Strong understanding of component specifications.
• Proficient in coding and debugging
• Candidates should have experience with designing probe, final test, and burn-in solutions
• Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency with Cadence EDM software
• Cadence HDL and Allegro experience a plus
• Understanding of product life cycle and burn-in applications
• Understanding of circuit design and signal integrity
• Data analysis and database mining
• Strong interest in automation and process improvement
• Extensive Scripting experience (i.e. PERL, TCL, Python) and ability to debug existing code
• Fast learner and self-motivated
• Able to self-drive/show initiative on multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Level Degree
Related Field(s) of Study
Electrical & Computer Engineer
Minimum Years of Experience 3
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-Texas-Dallas Metroplex
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:email@example.com , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.