Texas Instruments Technical Instructional Designer in Dallas, Texas
Job ID 23485BR
Job Posting Title Technical Instructional Designer
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
We’re searching for a dynamic contributor to join our global talent development team and help us to solve some of our most important business challenges, including:
• How do we provide learning solutions to our employees so they have the knowledge and skills to be successful at TI and grow their careers?
• How do we modernize learning at TI using social learning, digital learning, and blended approaches?
• What is the appropriate Next-gen learning technology we need to implement to solve unique business needs?
• How can learning become a competitive advantage for TI?
We’re looking for a hands-on expert in most of the following core areas:
• Instructional design
• Current learning technologies
• Virtual reality, Mixed reality, Augmented reality
This is an exciting opportunity to partner with talent development and our engineering subject matter experts to design and implement learning experiences that make our company stronger.
Those who are successful in role demonstrate:
• The ability to build business-driven solutions tied to priorities
• An enterprise wide mindset while supporting local needs
• Measuring the effectiveness of solutions
• The ability to act as a strategic partner, take initiative and lead
• Proactively identify challenges and solutions
• A mindset of continuous improvement and learning
• The ability to easily transition between consulting, strategic planning, and implementation
• The ability to work effectively in a highly ambiguous environment
• The ability to manage multiple projects with competing timelines
• An ability to work globally
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, or other related degree and 5+ years of experience
• Semiconductor industry experience preferred
• Experience operating in a global environment
Experience designing and implementing learning experiences while balancing creativity and pragmatism is essential. Experience with instructional design in technical subject matter is a plus. The ideal candidate will have an excellent understanding of business drivers and can link development to business success.
This is an exciting time to be a part of the Talent Development team at TI. Join us to play a role in bringing high impact development solutions to our organization.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Level Degree
Minimum Years of Experience 5
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-Texas-Dallas Metroplex
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:email@example.com to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.