Texas Instruments Information Technology Intern in Dallas, Texas
Job ID 21785BR
Job Posting Title Information Technology Intern
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
IT Services provides the infrastructure that will drive business growth, agility, innovation, process excellence, customer experience & global reach for TI. IT Services is strategically positioned to be the engine for TI’s growth. The organization supports TI’s applications and technology infrastructure for the company’s critical design, sales, manufacturing, finance, operations and security functions.
When you join the IT Service organization, you will broaden your perspective and learn the IT organizations and cultures, and build a strong network and develop cross functional skills. You will gain exposure to the variety of IT roles by having meaningful assignments from the start- because nothing beats real-world experience.
Put your talent to work with Texas Instruments – change the world, love your job!
IT Interns at TI have the opportunity to gain experience through different functions across IT such as:
• Supporting the design and implementation phases of a new system and/or upgrade
• Applying wide/diverse skills such as web development, programming (C, C++, Perl, Python, R,JAVA, SQL), scripting skills in Unix or Windows environment, and database/big data to help solve unique problems for various business partners:
• Factory management (Tool automation, WEB apps, Critical production systems)
• IC and software design engineers
• TI.com and other web properties and
• Finance and Operations / Marketing / Supply Chain
• Spend time solving rewarding problems and see your impact immediately
System Admin / Security Admin / Network Specialist / Mainframe Specialist:
• Consulting with business application owners to understand their requirements in order to design and implement the best infrastructure solutions to meet their needs
• Researching and provisioning new technology solutions to meet the demands of our business application owners.
• Managing and maintaining a large installed base of servers, databases, storage devices, and computers running various technologies and applications (i.e. Windows, Unix/Linux, VMware ESXi, Oracle, MS SQL Server, and macOS). This includes proactively monitoring performance and capacity and driving adoption of our technology roadmap
• Developing and executing security controls, defenses and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal or external attacks against TI’s email, data, e-commerce and web-based systems
• Planning, designing and implementing local and wide-area network solutions between multiple platforms and protocols (including IP and VOIP)
• Mainframe system and application provisioning/support using JCL, TSO, ISPF and Assembly/COBOL programming languages
• Performing project level scoping and requirements gathering, alignment, and documentation functions on TI projects, test case development, and user acceptance testing
• Supporting the day-to-day business activities including system usage and entitlement analysis
• Alternatives Analysis - Researching and providing solutions options • Acting as a liaison between the businesses and IT
• Understanding business processes and partnering on system and process changes
• Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or a related field
• Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA
• Basic understanding of web development, programming (C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, R, SQL) and scripting
• Basic understanding of Networks, Operating systems (Windows, Unix) and Databases
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Ability to build strong, influential relationships
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
• Strong customer service skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities
• Ability to handle ambiguity
• Ability to comprehend complex technical challenges
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type Co-Op - New
Minimum Education Level HS Graduate or Equivalent
Related Field(s) of Study
Minimum Years of Experience 0
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-Texas-Dallas Metroplex
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:email@example.com , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.