Texas Instruments Fire Protection Alarm Specialist in Dallas, Texas
Job ID 23192BR
Job Posting Title Fire Protection Alarm Specialist
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
Worldwide Protective Services has an opening for a Fire Protection Alarm Specialist. In this position, the candidate will perform diverse technical duties associated with emergency services activities. This position provides coordination of fire alarm systems which includes’ design, inspection, testing, and maintenance of system and ancillary equipment at TI manufacturing sites . The individual will perform coordination with consultants and contractors. The individual is required to work with minimal supervision to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner. Individual should have experience with international codes, local laws, local regulations in areas which TI operates related to design and installation of fire alarm systems components and systems.
Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times and streamline work processes; works cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service. Evaluates contractors’ performance in meeting agency requirements and objectives, interprets existing standards, develops new standards, reviews design documentation, and advises agency and contractor management regarding fire safety, and property protection.
Must be willing and have the ability to work such hours as are necessary to accomplish the job requirements; travel out of town or out of state for several days at a time; consistently follow
through with duties/assignments and work harmoniously with subordinates and superiors. Attend a variety of continuing education classes, seminars, and/or meetings remain current on applicable codes, regulations, policies, and procedures. Conduct training sessions for various business partners and audiences. Participate in a variety of special projects related to fire prevention activities.
Services include, but not limited to:
• Fire Alarm Systems; Simplex / Edwards (FireWorks), Honeywell (Notifier, ESSER), Siemens , GE, Ziton, Hochiki, Nohmi Bosai knowledge and specification adherence and/or ability to learn system requirements
• Sub-panels (Communication , Relays, Modules and Tool Suppression Systems)
• Installs, repairs, and inspects smoke and fire suppressions systems; inspects tests, and repairs fire alarm wiring, fire alarm panels and peripheral equipment. Identifies hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
• Demonstrates Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in installation, maintenance, and repair of fire and smoke suppression systems and equipment.
• Analyzes blue prints, schematics, and drawings of fire alarm and/or other related electrical systems for the purpose of determining the efficient installation of new or upgraded systems.
• Ability to operate drills, conduit benders, drill presses, cable pullers, meters (volt, OHM, AMP, Meg), hand drills, hand tools and power tools.
• Installs electrical system components as assigned (e.g. panels, audible/visual alarms, pull stations, detectors, etc.) for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded system capabilities.
• Develop WW view of Fire Alarm systems across all sites; create road map, maintenance strategy and training program(s)
e.g., site checklists , tool protection systems, maintenance requirements
• Fire Pump controls and support systems
• Fire Sprinkler; alarm troubleshooting and maintenance / replacement
• Contractor oversight and execution of projects
• IR scanning of tools and support equipment
• Execution of WWPS Policy Deployment Objectives
• Monthly Preventative Maintenance tasks outlined in FMS
• Become part of the Incident Management team (Scribe/IC)
• Safety Incident prevention pre-planning
• Building / Site interruption prevention pre-planning
• System / Organization 5S
• Perform Proactive Prevention Inspections to identify accident / injury / interruption potential conditions, close-the-loop / follow-up STARS tickets or Action Items/Task Manager system records.
• Coordinate system component preventative maintenance recommendations with assigned building / site / program system owners.
Required Education & Experience
• Preferred- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in fire protection engineering from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited college or university.
• Preferred -Possession of a baccalaureate degree in engineering from an ABET accredited college or university in, civil, mechanical, electrical, or related engineering plus _ additional years of documentable fire protection experience in addition to the minimum experience qualification below.
• Preferred- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in fire protection engineering technology.
• Preferred - PE or NICET Level. 3,
– Installation, troubleshooting, planning, supervisory system investigation and identification
– Programming of fire alarm systems
• Fire Alarm Planning Superintendent Certifications or equivalent
• Certified Fire Alarm ITM Specialist (CFAIMS)
• Texas Fire / National Alarm License
• Infrared Thermographer certification
• Multi-lingual (Chinese, Japanese)
Other nice to have:
Candidates must be able to pass the Hazmat physical as outlined by TI Medical and the WWPS Physical Performance test before wearing any personal protective equipment. Tasks performed during a response may include wearing of personal protective equipment, bending, squatting, climbing ladders or stairs, working in confined spaces, moving chemical containers and performing patient removal from an area. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Provide 5-minute response for all SCC-dispatched and paged emergency situations within the wafer Fabs.
• Response and safe mitigation of all system incidents as directed by assigned building / site / program system owners / Emergency Services leadership.
• Potential for 24 hour callout responses.
• Potential to obtain an ECA Basic Life Support / First Aid (BLS)
• Participation on the TI Rescue Team
• Potential Participation as a BC / DC / ERC Backup
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Level Degree
Related Field(s) of Study
Electrical & Computer Engineer
Electrical Eng Technology
Minimum Years of Experience 5
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-Texas-Dallas Metroplex
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:email@example.com , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.