Texas Instruments Field Applications Engineer - Defense & Aerospace in Dallas, Texas
Job ID 23114BR
Job Posting Title Field Applications Engineer - Defense & Aerospace
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job:
This is a great opportunity to work with a high-profile customer account with a steady stream of existing business and good growth potential. Here, you’ll be part of a results-oriented account team.
In this role, you’ll drive technology discussions and design ins for TI analog products with a focus on maximizing share, growing NR, forming deep customer relationships and driving exemplary customer satisfaction. You will have direct interface to the customer, providing technical guidance and support such as product recommendations, schematic review, PCB layout and validation reports. The role requires remote support for customer sites across US locations and as well travel to sites for in person meetings when required.
We’re searching for a strong team player who can perform well within a constant interrupt-driven, customer-demanding environment where multi-tasking and time management skills are critical.
The person in this position must work/communicate well with TI’s global sales team, along with domestic and globally-located TI personnel. The ability to influence customers and internal decisions is essential. This person must be comfortable handling customers’ very high productivity/response time expectations and building credibility at all levels within their organization.
• Minimum 5 years of relative experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related
• Experience with lab equipment, like oscilloscopes, along with soldering and debugging skills
• Deep understanding and experience with signal chain circuits such as high speed data converters, amplifiers, clocks and other analog components
• Ability to travel domestically to provide remote support for customer sites and attend customer meetings
• Ability to collaborate effectively with customers to solve their complete analog system requirements utilizing TI components is required
• Strong communication skills and the ability to proactively drive customer activity
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong lab skills and ability to do complete power validation on DC-DC power including efficiency measurements, bode plot measurements, transient measurements, etc.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Ability to work effectively in an interrupt-driven, fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
• Working knowledge of & ability to use HSDC Pro, TIC Pro, the PLLatinum Simulator Tool
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Level Degree
Minimum Years of Experience 5
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-Texas-Dallas Metroplex
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:email@example.com , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.