Texas Instruments Applications Engineer in Dallas, Texas
Job ID 24320BR
Job Posting Title Applications Engineer
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
Texas Instruments (TI) is out front and ready for the next big challenge. Our innovations are at the core of nearly every electronics product in use today. And it doesn’t stop there. We’re developing breakthrough technology to power the world’s future innovations as well. TI is committed to building a better future — from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. Put your talent to work with us.
This is a great opportunity to work in a high growth area in battery management. We are searching for an applications engineer who is results-oriented. In this role, you’ll drive battery charging technology discussions and help customers design battery charging management products with focus on evaluating new products, solving customer problems, generating product collateral, forming deep customer relationships, and growing revenue. You will have direct interface to the customer, providing technical guidance and support. Key responsibilities include:
• Technical support for design-in activities including schematic and layout review of customer applications, customer problems debugging by re-creating issues on evaluation boards or customer boards. Providing technical guidance, product recommendation, and solutions to customer issues.
• Participating in new product testing from an application perspective to ensure robustness of the product. Designing EVM, internal evaluation boards, and TI reference design to support new product developments with associated collateral including user guides and test procedures for successful launch of new products.
• Developing application notes, white paper, technical blogs and videos that explain the features, different use cases, implementation, and flexibility of our products, helping customers gain better understanding of unique features and value our products to scale our success on ti.com. Generating product collateral including hardware and software tools for easy adoption of TI solutions.
• Engaging with the marketing team to scale the application opportunities from the customer supporting activities. Working with system team to define features for the future product development.
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
• A Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or Electrical and Computer engineering or related area with minimum 3 years of applications or systems experience
• A good understanding of analog circuitry, DC-DC converter topologies, and control theory
• Excellent lab skill with solid problem debugging ability
• Ability to use PCB entry CAD tools such as Altium
• Experience in applications of semiconductor power products
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Lab automation test setup and programming
• Experience with communication protocols such as I2C, SMBus
• Knowledge of design for EMI and thermal optimization
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Level Degree
Related Field(s) of Study Electrical Engineering
Minimum Years of Experience 3
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-Texas-Dallas Metroplex
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:email@example.com , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.