Texas Instruments Government Relations Manager in Chengdu, China
Job ID 23618BR
Job Posting Title Government Relations Manager
Job Description Business/Role Summary: The position is responsible for handling operational-level government related issues for Texas Instruments Chengdu fabrication facility. The person will report to the Director of Government Relations of TI SEMI, in close collaboration with the TI Chengdu site manager. The position will be based in Chengdu with occasional travel to Beijing and Shanghai and on average, one trip a year to the United States.
• Collaborate with Chengdu site leadership TI SEMI management, TI compliance functions and WW Government Relations to identify priority issues and develop and communicate company positions.
• Develop, enhance and maintain strong relationships with key officials in Chengdu, Sichuan Province,
• Engage with internal stakeholders to ensure that operational goals are achieved and that agreements associated with TI’s investment in Chengdu are fully realized.
• Candidate should be adept at working with government officials on issues involving taxes, permitting, customs and human resource issues.
• Arrange and facilitate meetings for senior company executives with relevant government officials.
• Engage with government officials to influence outcomes aligned with TI business objectives consistent with TI’s values.
• Help facilitate the future strategic projects TI has planned for it presence in the Chengdu High-tech Zone.
• Project a profile for Texas Instruments with government officials and local community leaders that is positive, credible and influential.
• Follow closely the latest development in Chinese politics, economy, industrial and legal policies and provide timely analysis of their relevance to the Chengdu facility.
• Support local TI citizenship activities as needed.
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Level Degree
Minimum Years of Experience 5
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Job Location(s) China-Chengdu
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:email@example.com , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.