Texas Instruments Program Manager in Tucson, Arizona
Job ID 18710BR
Job Posting Title Program Manager
Job Description Job Description:
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job:
The Temperature and Humidity Sensing product line is a growing business and is seeking a highly qualified Program Manager to drive new product execution success and increased R&D throughput. The EPM position provides a unique opportunity for exposure to all aspects of a Product Line’s new product development process meanwhile providing the opportunity to sharpen leadership skills through driving a cross-functional team.
Lead a cross functional team on the execution of releasing new products and ensuring successful return on investment for every development. The team consists of Design, Marketing, Systems & Applications, Product & Test Engineering, Verification and Validation, Manufacturing, Field, and Quality. The candidate will work with wafer fabrication, assembly & test sites to guarantee schedule, cost and quality. The candidate must be able to plan the project from Assess Opportunity Phase to Release to Market and is responsible to make sure the project comes in on budget. Candidate must be able to provide clear direction to both, team and external support organizations like device fabrication and assembly & test sites. Candidate must be able to drive and motivate all team members critical to the flawless execution of each product and project. Organizational skills are a must as this person must be able to provide weekly and monthly updates to Senior Management on the status of projects.
Secondary Responsibilities include:
• Must manage multiple projects simultaneously, and set realistic plans based on required tasks with available resources.
• Ability to effectively coordinate and lead global development teams on projects that include design, silicon fabrications, production test development, qualification and production ramp. Programs will be driven out of multiple global locations.
• Must understand device packaging and wafer fabrication process or at least be willing and eager to learn these critical details needed in this role.
• Previous successful project engineering/management experience on highly complex products/projects preferred
• Proven leadership capabilities in leading multifaceted global organizations. Successful proven track record in indirect management and influence is a must.
• Excellent communication skills required for championing development teams and making presentations to senior management and/or customers as necessary.
• Must be able to provide clear direction to both internal teams and external support organizations like device fabrication and assembly sites.
Team and People Skills:
• Must work in a team environment and understand cross-functional team dynamics.
• We seek a highly motivated individual who will challenge teammates to achieve flawless execution goals, while maintaining strong working relationships.
Projects and Deliverables:
• Update project schedules with all related milestones.
• Qualification plan development and implementation.
• Weekly management and communication on status of each project.
• Effective coordination of material logistics and shipment/assembly/test prioritization.
• Maintain Galileo system per new product development guidelines.
• Success will be measured by the ability to grow the number of new products and drive on-time and successful new product execution.
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, Electrical and Computer Engineering or related field and 5 + years experience
• Strong interpersonal leadership and communications skills (both verbal and written)
• Experienced in leading cross functional teams.
• Experienced in working with assembly and wafer fabrication sites to meet schedule, cost and quality objectives.
• Must be able to plan the project from Assess Opportunity Phase to Release to Market (RTM).
• The candidate is responsible to make sure the project meets objectives, and comes in on time and budget.
• Manage weekly new project team meetings that facilitate the development process.
• The candidate must have an overall passion for success and leading teams in product execution and most importantly “New Product Success”.
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Level Degree
Related Field(s) of Study
Electrical & Computer Engineer
Minimum Years of Experience 5
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:email@example.com to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.