Texas Instruments Senior Systems Engineer - High Speed Signal Path Circuits in San Francisco, California
Job ID 19900BR
Job Posting Title Senior Systems Engineer - High Speed Signal Path Circuits
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job:
This is a position for a Kilby Labs senior engineer that is involved with the research and development for High Speed signal path future systems that would require femto-second time resolution, high level amplitude linearity, and 10’s of Giga sample per second capture and generation. The role involves engaging with both internal customers/businesses which can have a need to productize developed IP, or to engage directly with end TI customers, to better define a novel approach to solve an end system need. The role involves engaging with other researchers and engineers at Kilby Labs in an open, collaborative and highly engaged team with a very wide range of expertise.
• PhD in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience in Electrical and Computer engineering with background in high speed analog/RF systems and circuits
• 5+ years of academic or industrial experience.
• Proficient in IC design of mixed signal circuits, analog, RF and basic digital design and flows.
• Knowledgeable on tools and methods for system simulation and Signal chain architecture tradeoffs
• Has taped out multiple IC that have been in production and/or published in the area of high speed requiring Giga sample per second or gigabit per second rates.
• Experienced in high speed analog/RF systems and circuits (Demonstrated working circuits with 10+ giga bit per second SerDes, or giga sample per second ADC/DAC in a signal path, circuits with sub 100fsec jitter, or similar.
• Proficient in IC design of mixed signal circuits, analog, RF and basic digital design and flows. Highly capable of circuit level and system level simulations and modeling in a mixed mode simulation environment. Understand circuit tradeoffs for Gsps systems for best figure of merit performance, be it for PLLs, oscillators, ADCs, DACs, amplifiers etc..
• Proficient with Matlab/Simulink or system simulation tools such as ADS to develop system simulations that include channel/transducer models, package models and circuit components. Ability to analyze systems across analog and digital boundaries.
• Experience in resolving differences between simulation and real time prototype silicon to demonstrate value in proposed solution.
• Can work with others in a team and brainstorm potential solutions. Excited about innovation an results oriented and driven to deliver solutions on-time with high quality.
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Doctorate's Level Degree
Related Field(s) of Study
Electrical & Computer Engineer
Electronics & Comm Engineering
Minimum Years of Experience 5
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-California-Bay Area
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:email@example.com to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.