Texas Instruments Test Engineer in Dallas, Texas
Job ID 19456BR
Job Posting Title Test Engineer
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job:
The prospective candidate will be a member of the product development core team responsible for taking highly advanced automotive motor driver devices through all phases of the product development cycle, using modern tools and ATE’s. The Test Engineering candidate would gain knowledge and exposure to many functions including Bench Validation and Product Engineering.
The responsibilities as a Test Engineer will include influencing the growth and direction of the Test group, in cross functional teams. The individual will work along with members of other functions on the same team and be responsible for all aspects of test engineering including design of h/w, s/w, influence DFT and DFM needs to achieve the lowest cost of manufacturing to meet the customer timelines. Other requirements/responsibilities:
• Will need to work with off-shore AT sites to take the product to production, work with the hardware team and vendors to design and fabricate the test h/w.
• The candidate must possess good leadership skills with ability to prioritize the tasks on hand.
• Well versed in the work processes of test development.
• Work with other engineers in a shared test lab environment.
• Problem solving and debug
• Data analysis and ability to make technical decisions based on the data
• Self-manage schedules to drive timely completion of projects
• Experience with schematic capture tools like Cadence Allegro
• Well conversant with bench instruments and able to setup test benches
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Evaluate robustness of production test solution by statistical means and release to mfg sites. Identify and fix yield test related issues in early ramp.
• Drive test plan creation to ensure quality silicon with lowest cost
• Follow best practices needed to test high voltage parts
• BSEE or equivalent with 3+ years experience in analog power product development
• ETS364 programing and debug experience
• Good understanding of semiconductor device fundamentals
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Level Degree
Related Field(s) of Study
Electrical & Computer Engineer
Minimum Years of Experience 3
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-Texas-Dallas Metroplex
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:email@example.com to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.