Texas Instruments RFAB Industrial Engineer in Dallas, Texas
Job ID 19301BR
Job Posting Title RFAB Industrial Engineer
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
The RFAB Industrial Engineering team is looking for an experienced Industrial Engineer to join their team.
The job requires working in a wafer fab cleanroom. The desired candidate will have previous experience transitioning to new roles quickly and effectively, learning new concepts, and being self-motivated to meet objectives in a rapid paced work environment. The candidate must be a team player who can work with supervisors and engineers to achieve business goals in a 300mm highly automated wafer fab environment. The ability to analyze huge amount of data at high speed with great accuracy is key to be successfully in this position. . Having strong foundation of industrial engineering methodology is required.
Roles and Responsibilities will include –
• Ability to utilize industrial engineering concepts and operational research concepts to assist in manufacturing decision making
• Strong data analysis skills and statistical analysis skills is required to support operational needs
• Excel at completing projects accurately and timely.
• Data collection and validation via stopwatch time studies and automation logs analysis, to analyze throughput impact of various process changes.
• Maintain capacity modeling data integrity via engineering change control monitoring and frequent communication with tool owners to ensure model readiness and perform “what-if” analysis on business changes.
• Identify opportunities to improve cycle time and increase our capacity models’ ability to support operational decision making.
• Assist tool owners to understand capacity impacts associated with process changes.
• Comprehensive computer skills specifically with data analysis and statistical analysis software (excel spreadsheet, SAS, Minitab, R etc).
• Automate data collections and analysis processes via basic programming and data querying skills is required
• Must be comfortable working is a clean room environment wearing cleanroom required garments
Must have a Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering
2+ years of experience working in the industrial engineering or manufacturing engineering field, preferable in semiconductor manufacturing
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
• Strong communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively across functional boundaries and with upper management.
• Ability to build and sustain strong relationships with peers in RFAB during difficult and stressful situations, and able to negotiate solutions.
• Team Player. Must be able to work effectively across functional and cultural boundaries.
• Experience working with factory simulation software (example: AutoSched AP), factory dispatching system (example: RTD), and MES would be a major advantage
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Level Degree
Related Field(s) of Study Electrical Engineering
Minimum Years of Experience 2
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-Texas-Dallas Metroplex
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:email@example.com , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.