Texas Instruments RFAB Facilities Controls Engineer in Dallas, Texas
Job ID 19464BR
Job Posting Title RFAB Facilities Controls Engineer
Job Description Change the world, love your job. At Texas Instruments (TI), you will have the opportunity to learn and grow – and create world changing technology. For more than 80 years, TI has continually reinvented itself by believing in people with endless curiosity who refuse to leave the world just how they found it. From developing leading edge semiconductor technologies and practicing responsible manufacturing, to caring for our employees and communities, innovating a better world is in our DNA. Come discover TI and why you belong here.
The RFAB Facilities Team has an immediate need for a Controls Engineer. This person will facilitate controls installations and troubleshooting, and will collaborate with the existing Controls Team. RFAB is currently in the process of implementing facilities system upgrades for 1800 WPD MERFEI, installing 170 tools, and consolidating all existing SCADA platforms to a single system.
• Have shared ownership of process control systems including Programmable Logic Controls, SCADA, measuring instrumentation and communications networks
• Manage work on controls systems, ensuring that all changes are properly documented, meet applicable codes, and all work is conducted in a safe and interruption free manner
• Responsibilities include overall system design, performance monitoring, project management, implementation/commissioning, procedure development, training, problem solving, cost estimating, and system documentation.
• Respond quickly to system alarms and potentially critical situations, perform rapid and accurate situational assessments and troubleshoot system components; root cause analysis and follow-up
• Perform other job-related tasks as required
Specific experience, knowledge and skills (current proficiency is required):
• Advanced knowledge of distributed controls systems and SCADA, and openness to working with a variety of SCADA platforms
• Self-starter with the ability to take initiative, drive for results, and demonstrate ability to build strong, influential relationships
• Ability to work with multiple SCADA/BMS/PLC vendors and proficiency with PC hardware and Windows based applications
• Experience with Windows server platforms and SQL databases
• Proficient in programming of PLCs including iec 61113 and an understanding of communication networks.
• Experienced in application of controls and instrumentation to process systems (process cooling water, hot water, air systems, exhaust, etc.)
• Ability to analyze existing systems and associated monitoring equipment to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
• Strong understanding of PID loop tuning, trend charts, hardware communication concepts
• Ability to develop and update process and instrumentation diagrams, sequence of operations, I/O lists, panel drawings and instrumentations lists.
• Excellent facilitation, collaboration, and communication skills necessary to interface effectively with business partners, external suppliers, direct reports and team members (local and international).
• Project Management skills (strong ability to identify, prioritize, plan, execute, and follow up on numerous assignments in a dynamic environment).
• Computer/software skills – Outlook, Excel, Word, SAP
• Basic financial management acumen.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of HS diploma with 5 years of related experience. Bachelor's degree in related field is preferred.
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level HS Graduate or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience 3
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-Texas-Dallas Metroplex
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:email@example.com to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.