Texas Instruments Procurement & Logistics Supply Chain Intern in Dallas, Texas
Job ID 20015BR
Job Posting Title Procurement & Logistics Supply Chain Intern
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing semiconductor devices, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
As a Texas Instruments’ Procurement & Logistics Intern, you'll be assigned one or more challenging projects while also joining a team that is actively seeking, finding and implementing practical solutions to real-world business challenges. In this role, you will apply the skills gained through your college experiences while also gaining valuable business, technical and life skills as a part of TI’s exciting internship program.
Some examples of projects interns have worked on in the past include:
• Learning and actually leading sourcing activities including qualifying bidders, conducting bid discussions, analyzing bid results, and awarding opportunities to key suppliers all using state-of-the-art process tools;
• Analyzing and determining level of risks to TI business continuity stemming from TI’s critical supplier base, then assisting in determining the alternatives, including related costs and timing, to minimize such risks;
• Evaluating and making recommendations about internal processes affecting internal business partners; and
• Identifying, defining processes for, and deploying new systems capabilities to WPL logistics and procurement team members.
• Finding and implementing cost reduction projects through innovative programs in areas like supplier managed inventory, second sourcing opportunities, e-bidding, as well as in other areas of procurement and logistics.
• Currently pursuing a BS or MS degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or a related field.
• Minimum Cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to provide closed-loop communication to internal business partners, suppliers, and management
• Capable of working in a fast paced environment
• Capable of managing complex situations and prioritizing multiple projects
• Good customer focus and team negotiation skills are needed.
If you are interested in this position, please apply!
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Job Opening Type Co-Op - New
Minimum Education Level HS Graduate or Equivalent
Related Field(s) of Study
Supply Chain Management
Minimum Years of Experience 0
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-Texas-Dallas Metroplex
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:email@example.com to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.