Texas Instruments Legal Counsel in Dallas, Texas
Job ID 18608BR
Job Posting Title Legal Counsel
Job Description Change the world, love your job. At Texas Instruments (TI), you will have the opportunity to learn and grow – and create world-changing technology. For more than 80 years, TI has continually reinvented itself by believing in people with endless curiosity who refuse to leave the world just how they found it. From developing leading-edge semiconductor technologies and practicing responsible manufacturing, to caring for our employees and communities, innovating a better world is in our DNA. Come discover TI and why you belong here.
About the Job
TI's law department has an entry level role that will support our worldwide business operations from our headquarters in Dallas, Texas. In this role, your initial responsibilities will be mainly in the areas of commercial transactions and compliance; however, you may get involved in contentious matters from time-to-time.
In this role, initial responsibilities will be mainly in the areas of commercial transactions and compliance; however, involvement in contentious matters may happen from time-to-time. Job duties will include structuring, drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts, including distribution, logistics, technology development and software licensing. In addition, this role provides legal advice on a wide range of commercial and compliance matters relating to the activities of our business units and support organizations.
• Commitment to high ethical standards
• Proven self-starter
• Demonstrates extremely sound and well-balanced legal judgment. Provides practical legal advice that takes into account both the legal and business risk of a particular situation.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and analytical skills, and an eagerness to learn new things
• Critical thinking skills and ability to solve problems. Must be able to dig into the details, but must also be able think strategically – taking into account high level goals and the outside environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills – must be able to build relationships and work collaboratively with a diverse team of lawyers, including colleagues based around the globe.
• Comfortable interacting directly with business managers, and serving on cross-functional teams outside the law department
• Substantive knowledge in key areas such as intellectual property, software, open source, ecommerce, data privacy, antitrust, comparative advertising, FCPA/anti-bribery and other compliance areas
• Ability to travel, including internationally as needed
• JD or equivalent law degree with 2-5 years law firm PQE
• Member in good standing of the Texas bar, or at least one other US state bar with ability to join the Texas bar
• The ideal candidate will have some experience representing technology, automotive and/or manufacturing companies
• A global outlook and mindset and international experience (educational or professional) outside the US is a plus
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Juris Doctorate
Related Field(s) of Study Law
Minimum Years of Experience 3
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-Texas-Dallas Metroplex
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:email@example.com to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.