Texas Instruments Design Engineer - Power Management in Dallas, Texas
Job ID 19342BR
Job Posting Title Design Engineer - Power Management
Job Description Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job:
Kilby Labs is looking for a qualified candidate to develop breakthrough power management solutions targeting industrial, automotive and computing applications. Kilby represents a research organization within TI chartered to define new and innovative IP in collaboration with business units and customers. Kilby engineers must have the ability to approach new and/or existing problems from a different perspective in a way that results in unique, leap-frog technologies. In addition, Kilby engineers are required to take on all aspects of a project depending on project needs. This can include system engineering work, project planning, design, post-silicon validation etc.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Development of highly differentiated power circuits for Power Management Regulators or controllers
• Competitive benchmarking and tracking latest research in the domain of innovative power management architecture and circuits
• Balancing innovation with execution – to ensure that the IPs are demonstrated in silicon in a timely manner
• Working in close collaboration with ATD, packaging, BU partners and Kilby team members
• Supporting the technology transfer and productization of the innovative IPs developed by the team
• Industry champion/liaison of university research projects in the area of power management
• PhD in electrical engineering or related field
• 2+ years of industry experience in power management domain
• Expertize in mixed signal circuit design targeting power management
• The ability to think creatively, propose disruptive new ideas and implement these new ideas
• Ideal candidate must also excel at promoting new ideas, building collaborative relationships, working across organizations
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Doctorate's Level Degree
Minimum Years of Experience 2
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-Texas-Dallas Metroplex
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:email@example.com , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.